24 Hours Left
A man returns from the doctor and tells his wife that the doctor has told him he has only 24 hours to live. Given this prognosis, the man asks his wife for sex.
Naturally, she agrees, and they make love. About six hours later, the husband goes to his wife and says, "Honey,you know I now have only 18 hours to live.
Could we please do it one more time?" Of course, the wife agrees, and they do it again.
Later, as the man gets into bed, he looks at his watch and realizes that he now has only 8 hours left. He touches his wife shoulder, and asks, "Honey, please...just one more time before die." She says, "Of course, Dear," and they make love for the third time.
After this session, the wife rolls over and falls asleep.
The man, however, worried about his impending death, tosses and turns, until he's down to 4 more hours. He taps his wife, who rouses. "Honey, I have only 4 more hours. Do you think we could..."
At this point the wife sits up and says,"Listen, I have to get up in the morning. You don't!"
Why makes this Joke funny?
The humor in this joke stems from a combination of surprise, dark humor, and a reversal of expectations. Here`s a breakdown:
- Surprise/Unexpected Turn: The joke sets up a somber and sympathetic scenario where the man only has 24 hours to live and is seeking solace through intimacy with his wife. The punchline, however, unexpectedly flips the situation, revealing the wife`s practical, somewhat callous response to her husband`s final requests.
- Dark Humor: The joke employs dark humor, making light of the serious topic of impending death. Dark humor often finds comedy in situations that are generally regarded as serious, taboo, or distressing.
- Role Reversal: Throughout most of the joke, the wife appears to be compassionate and accommodating, agreeing to her husband`s requests for intimacy despite the unusual circumstances. The punchline reveals a reversal in her character, showcasing a pragmatic and slightly selfish side that the audience might not expect, adding to the humor.
- Misdirection: The joke subtly misleads the audience by focusing on the man`s diminishing hours and his repetitive requests for intimacy, leading the audience to think the punchline might be related to his urgency or desire. Instead, it pivots sharply with the wife’s blunt and self-centered (yet practical) concerns about her own schedule, juxtaposing life and death in a light-hearted manner.
- Relatability: To some extent, the joke may also be funny because it utilizes the relatable context of marital relationships and the sometimes self-interested, pragmatic interactions that occur within them.
In summary, the unexpected and darkly humorous twist in the punchline, combined with the relatable setting, create a joke that many might find amusing due to its surprising and somewhat irreverent take on a serious topic.
Joke of the day - 24 Hours Leftis the best Joke for Sunday, 05 December 2021 from site Jokes of the Day - 24 Hours Left.
Different people consider different jokes funny, so joke can not satisfy taste for everyone. Some people like Lawyer jokes, other do not consider lawers jokes funny.
People developing software, or doing anything with the software my consider some geek stuff funny, but it might not be funny for the others.
We try to deliver best jokes every day. But, it depends on sites we take jokes from. Besides jokes, find funny photos and funny videos. Great archive so far, years of collected jokes.